Joining the community of RUFA is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Master of Arts programmes you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
Requirements for admission
Admission to Master of Arts programmes requires a three-year Academic Diploma (new system), a four-year Academic Diploma (old system), a Bachelor’s Degree or another qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable by the Academy in accordance with international agreements. If the qualification is achieved abroad the student must submit the Declaration of Value or the certificates of comparability and authenticity of CIMEA. Students are admitted through an admission test. Students coming from another School or University Faculty may be admitted but have to make up it by achieving a specific number of credits: up to 12 credits for BA graduates coming from another School; up to 18 credits for graduates from University Faculties (Humanities, Science or Polytechnics). The direct enrollment from a BA to an MA (without an admission exam) takes place if within the same School (e.g.: School of Artistic Design for Enterprise).
To be admitted to the Master of Arts programmes you will need to submit:
– Bachelor’s Degree recognized trough a “Declaration of Value DV”, legalization and translation of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your country) or Diploma Supplement or the two authenticity and comparability certificates issued by CIMEA;
– a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English depending on the chosen course;
– for Non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programmes through the Universitaly platform;
– students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students office within 8 working days from arriving in Italy.
Procedure for admission
The admission test for the MA aims to assess the reason why the student wishes to study at RUFA and his/her aptitudes. All international students must take the admission exam. Candidates for the Master of Arts programmes will need to sit a motivational interview which will focus on the portfolio (Portfolio Guidelines) they will provide, which must contain the works, projects or other documentation useful for admission purposes. The candidate’s evaluation will be carried out by a commission of selected lecturers. For the international students, the admission exam may also be taken online. Once they register, students will receive an email with further information regarding the procedures of the admission test.
MA programmes taught in Italian
International students must have reached an adequate knowledge of the Italian language, so to be able to attend the courses. In order to prove that they possess the required Italian language knowledge level, generally B2, students must submit an Italian knowledge certificate, issued by an authorized institution such as CELI, CILS, PLIDA etc.
MA programmes taught in English
Students are required to submit a certificate that demonstrates their intermediate knowledge of English (B2 -CEFR) such as IELTS, Pearon, TOEFL, Cambridge, Oxford etc.
If you possess a different certificate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINES REGARDING ADMISSION AY 2024/2025
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Closing date for applications 22 January
Closing date for applications 7 April
Closing date for applications 9 June
Closing date for applications 08 September
Closing date for applications 29 September
The admission test can be taken online upon request by all international students and Italian students resident outside the Lazio region.
Closing date for applications 29 September
Fee for admission test
50,00€ for January, April and June sessions
100,00 € for September and October sessions
100,00 € for all sessions
(Valid for first year only)
All Italian students who enrol directly by 31 July will benefit from a reduction of € 1,200.00.
The admission test aims to assess the students’ academic curriculum and reason why they wish to study at RUFA. Candidates for the Master of Arts programmes will need to sit a motivational interview which will focus on the digital and/or hardcopy portfolio (Portfolio Guidelines) they will provide (if they do not have one, they may provide their Degree thesis).
During this occasion, students may be admitted, but asked to attend additional courses (for a maximum of 18 credits), and sit the exams of these courses during the following exam sessions.
The admission committee will involve lecturers of the chosen programme and the Academic Board.
For foreign students living abroad, it will be possible to take the entire admission test online.
Documents to register for the admission test
- Application for online admission
- Photocopy of an identification document and the tax registration code (it is possible to calculate a provisional code when booking the test. Please proceed with the booking to find out how to calculate it).
- Bachelor’s degree, original copy or a self-declaration – Download Template
- Proof of the payment of the € 100.00 admission fee
After passing the admission test, you will be required to submit your enrollment form, within the period specified, together with the following documents:
- Application for online matriculation
- Two passport size photographs
- Receipt of the € 1,200.00 enrollment fee and of the € 140.00 regional tax
- Language certification or documentation confirming the knowledge of the English language for all students who wish to study a BA in English and of Italian for all international students who wish to study a BA in Italian;
- For non-EU students: study visa/residence permit required to attend the Academic Programmes
- For international students or Italian students who have achieved their qualification abroad “Declaration of value” (Dichiarazione di valore) or CIMEA certificates of authenticity and comparability.
Documents for direct matriculation for Italian students only
- Enrollment form for online matriculation
- Two passport size photographs, copy of identity card and fiscal code
- Original educational qualification document or self-certification – Download the model
- Payment receipt of the € 1,200.00 enrollment fee and of the € 140.00 regional tax
- Language certification or documentation demonstrating the knowledge of English if choosing a course; taught in English. For more information contact the Guidance Office
All students enrolled at other Universities will be able to access the MA programmes provided that they complete all of the transferring procedures by the deadline (September 30).
By transferring (without withdrawing from their studies), students can ask to have the exams they took at their University recognized.
To have the exams recognized, students must submit the list of the exams they sat and the programme of each subject. Before enrollment students can ask for a preliminary evaluation. The preliminary evaluation is to be considered only as a guideline. This first evaluation is not binding for enrollment purposes. For further information contact the International office.
This admission procedure may consist of:
– an admission interview: if the student has achieved many credits and exams that are similar to those of the course they have chosen at RUFA, but they come from a different academic/university background;
– interview and admission test: if the student has achieved only a few (or no) exams that may be recognized, and if he/she comes from different academic studies/University faculty.
For further info please contact the Orientation office.