In order to access the RUFA first-level Academic Masters programmes, a three-year academic diploma (new system), four-year academic diploma (old system), university degree, or another qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable by the Academy in compliance with international agreements, is required.
Applicants must present a language certificate of at least B2 level in English
To be admitted to the Academic Master programs you will need to submit:
– Bachelor’s Degree recognized trough a “Declaration of Value DV”, legalization and translation of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your country) or Diploma Supplement or the two authenticity and comparability certificates issued by CIMEA;
– a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of English;
– for Non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs through the Universitaly platform;
– students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students office within 8 working days from arriving in Italy.
Each Master’s degree prefers knowledge and training in the areas of the specific sector, as well as humanistic or economic training, as indicated in the table below:
|Academic Master||Area Visual arts,|
Artistic and cultural
|Design Area||Humanities and
liberal arts area
|ART CURATING AND MANAGEMENT||✓||✓|
|CINEMA AND NEW FORMAT PRODUCTION||✓||✓|
Enrolment in Master’s programs is on the basis of an admission assessment, which aims to understand the candidate’s potential and verify their commitment to undertake the chosen Master’s program. Candidates must submit their Curriculum Vitae, a 500-word personal statement and the certificate of English language proficiency (min. B2). Candidates can also submit their portfolio, the abstract of their thesis, or any relevant documents to show their skills and experience. The admission assessment consists of an interview with our academic staff discussing the applicant’s portfolio, experience, projects, and any works and documents that may be relevant for admission purposes. The interview may also be held online.
Online application for admission
Photocopy of identity document and tax code (only for Italian applicants)
Original academic qualification or self-certification – Download Template
Online application form
Two passport photos
Receipt of payment of the enrolment fee of € 800.00
Language certification or documentation proving knowledge of the English language, B2 level, for all students
For non-EU students: study visa/residence permit required to attend academic programs
For foreign students or Italian students who obtained their qualifications abroad: declaration of value, request in the country of origin, or certificates of verification and comparability issuedby CIMEA.
Applications are currently open for January 2024 intake.
The applications will be evaluated within 20 days from the date of submission.
FACTS AND FEATURES
This Master starts in January, ends in December, and includes 250 hours of internship. Attendance is mandatory.
|Italian Students||EU Students||EXTRA EU Students|
|€ 11.800,00||€ 11.800,00||€ 13.800,00|
€ 800.00 Annual enrolment fee to be paid upon enrolment each year by bank transfer addressed to Rome University of Fine Arts S.r.l. IBAN: IT29D0306905048100000012207, BIC CODE (Swift): BCITITMM, entering your name and surname as the reason for payment, by cheque, or directly to the admin office in cash. The remaining part of the tuition fee can be paid, via bank transfer, in:
• one-off payment by 31 January 2024, with a 5% reduction ;
• 3 installments (31 January, 29 February, 31 March);
• 4 installments (31 January, 29 February, 30 April, 30 June);
• 6 installments (31 January, 29 February, 31 March, 30 April, 31 May, 30 June);
• 12 installments using 0% interest financing. (Terms & Conditions)
EU AND EXTRA EU STUDENTS
€ 800.00 Enrolment fee to be paid upon enrolment by bank transfer addressed to Rome University of Fine Arts S.r.l. IBAN: IT29D0306905048100000012207, BIC CODE (Swift): BCITITMM, entering your name and surname as the reason for payment, or by credit card on rufa.flywire.com.
The remaining part of the tuition fee must be paid by 12 December 2023, by bank transfer.
If an international student chooses to complete the payment of the tuition fee by 31 August 2023, they will be entitled to a reduction of 15%; if they choose to pay by 31 October 2023, they will be entitled to a reduction of 10%.
Early Bird reductions cannot be combined with scholarships and/or with other economic support.
- Online application for admission
- Photocopy of identity document and tax code (only for Italian applicants)
- Original academic qualification or self-certification – Download Template
Once you have passed the entrance examination, you must submit your application for matriculation within the deadline, including the following documents:
- Online application form
- Two passport photos
- Receipt of payment of the enrolment fee of € 800.00
- Language certification or documentation proving knowledge of the English language for all students;
- For non-EU students: study visa/residence permit required to attend academic programs;
- For foreign students or Italian students who obtained their qualifications abroad: declaration of value in loco or certificates of verification and comparability issuedby CIMEA.
For the January 2024 intake, RUFA offers scholarships to Italian and international students enrolling in the Academic Master in Art Curating and Management, Design Management, and Cinema and New Formats Production. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic and professional merit.
An expert committee will evaluate the candidates for the scholarship considering the strength and consistency of the academic profile, the examination of the thesis, portfolio, projects shared by the applicant, and the outcome of the interview, if any. Applications are now open for the 30% scholarship. The deadline is 26 October 2023.
In RUFA we strongly believe that education should be accessible. We are committed to ensuring that talented and motivated individuals have the means to achieve their academic dreams.
• “zero interest financing” 12-month payment (Terms & Conditions);
• “per merito” student loan does not require any guarantee for students in good standing with the chosen study course
• exemption of € 2,000.00 students with > 66% disability;
• 5% reduction by paying in one installament by 31 January 2024 (only for italian citizenship students);
• 10% reduction for enrolled brothers and sisters;
• 15% reduction for RUFA graduates.