To be admitted to Universities in Italy, students are required to have completed high school and achieved their leaving cert after having completed 12 years of schooling.
Students that come from an education system that does not foresee 12 years of schooling (Russia, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan etc.), may also be admitted, after attending a Foundation Year. For further information regarding the Foundation Year at RUFA, please check out our Foundation year page.
To be able to study in Italy, students will have to fulfill specific procedures depending on their nationality and if they are EU or non-EU students.
More specifically, non-EU students are required to apply for a study visa.
For further information regarding the visa application procedures and procedures for EU students please visit our “before you arrive” International students page. Please visit our Scholarships page to find out about the opportunities offered to International students.
HOW TO ENROLL
Joining the RUFA community is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination. To be admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programs you will need to pass an admission test, that will enable us to assess your motivation and aptitude to study at RUFA. Admission tests vary according to the chosen course, cycle, and if the student is transferring from another University.
To enroll to a Bachelor of Arts Degree program you will need to submit:
– a leaving cert confirming that you have attended 12 years of schooling. recognized through a “Declaration of Value in Loco (DV)”, legalization and translation of the qualification (to be requested at the Italian Embassy / Consulate of your Country);
– a certificate stating that you have passed the proof of academic suitability exam, if required to be admitted to Universities in your Country (Selectividad, YKS etc.);
– a certificate stating that you have an adequate level of Italian or English (depending on if you wish to attend a BA in Italian or English), achieved over the last 10 years. If you have achieved your qualification in an English/Italian speaking Country, or if the program you attend was in English/Italian you may not be required to submit a language certification. For further information contact our International office;
– for non-EU students: study visa required to attend the Academic programs. Students must send a copy of their residence permit/residence permit request to the International students office 8 days after arriving in Italy.
DEADLINES REGARDING ADMISSION
Deadline to apply for the test
First session: 16 January 2020
Second DIGITAL session: 16 April 2020
Third DIGITAL session: 14 May 2020
Fourth DIGITAL session: 4 June 2020
Fifth DIGITAL session: 10 September 2020
Sixth DIGITAL session: 1 October 2020
First session: 20-24 January 2020
Second DIGITAL session: 18 April 2020
Third DIGITAL session: 16 May 2020
Fourth DIGITAL session: 8-12 June 2020
Fifth DIGITAL session: 14-15 September 2020
Sixth DIGITAL session: 5-6 October 2020
The admission exam for the BA program consists of a two-day exam:
– day 1: aptitude test and specific culture (of the chosen course) – 60 questions in 50 minutes, computer based version. Candidates of the courses of Painting and Visual Arts and Sculpture and Installations will also have to sit an artistic test;
– day 2: motivational interview.
For foreign students living abroad, it will be possible to sit the entire admission test on Skype.
The final score will be calculated as follows:
– 60% psychometric+specific test;
– 30% oral and portfolio (practical test / drawing for Painting and Visual Arts and Sculpture and Installations courses*);
– 10% final score in high school diploma.
*Regarding the artistic test, students sitting the exam on skype will be required to submit a portfolio
Results: at the end of the admission tests, a ranking will be published stating the admitted, eligible and non-admitted students.
Documents to register for the admission test
- Application for admission (can be downloaded online)
- Photocopy of an identification document and the tax registration code
- School leaving certificate, original copy or a self-declaration – Download Template
- Proof of payment of the admission fee amounting to € 180 (only for the September and October sessions and not for Master of Arts programs)
Once you have passed the admission test, you will be required to submit your application for matriculation, by the specified deadline, together with the following documents:
- Application for matriculation (can be downloaded online)
- Two passport size photographs
- Payment receipt of the matriculation fee amounting to € 520 and of the regional tax amounting to € 140
- Language knowledge certificate or substitute documentation
- For non-EU students: study visa/residence permit required to attend the Academic Programs
- “Declaration of value” (Dichiarazione di valore), legalization and translation of the qualification
All students enrolled at other Universities will be able to access the BA Degree programs, provided that they complete all of the transferring procedures by the deadline (30th of September 2019).
By transferring (without withdrawing from their studies), students can ask to have the exams they took at their university of origin recognized.
To have the exams recognized, students must submit the list of the exams they sat and the program of each subject. Before enrollment students can ask for a preliminary evaluation from the professors of the course they wish to attend. The preliminary evaluation is to be considered only as a guideline. This first evaluation is not binding for enrollment purposes. For further information contact the International office.
This admission procedure may consist of:
– an admission interview: if the student has achieved many credits and exams that are similar to those of the course they have chosen at RUFA, but they come from a different academic/university background;
– interview and admission test: if the student has achieved only a few (or no) exams that may be recognized, and if he/she comes from different academic studies/University faculty.
For further info please contact the Orientation office.