Over the years, the RUFA workshops have not only had the merit of deepening laboratory paths that would hardly have found a place in normal teaching activities, but have allowed the students of the Academy to get in touch with professionals of creativity, creating an exchange that perfectly declines the training directly connected to the dynamics that intervene in the productive reality.
The autumn session of the workshops will take place from 14 to 19 October.
Working alongside experts and professionals, students will be able to interact at their full potential, testing themselves and generating innovation and added value.In the academic year 2019/2020, RUFA planned a total of around 1000 training hours in this particular area.
Following the workshops planned for this session.
CINEMA LAND International Cinematographers Days
Curated by Vincenzo Condorelli
THIS WORKSHOP WAS HELD IN SEPTEMBER 2019.
ARTS AND FUTURE The technological cosmology of art and contemporary design
Curated by Marco Mancuso
The analysis, on which the entire workshop is based, moves and is articulated through 4 different areas of investigation and reflection of our being men and women of the new technological millennium, which are the real bridge launched from the present to the future:
1) technological dependence and its impact on our identities;
2) the two-way relationship between the real and the virtual, between the concrete and the ephemeral;
3) the expanded body and the interpenetration between technology, flesh and thought;
4) the relationship between man and nature, in a conscious relationship with the environment.
COLLECTIVE AS ARTISTIC PRACTICE From idea to form
Curated by Thomas Tanini/Discipula
The collective as an interdisciplinary artistic practice. In considering images as a “tool”, the workshop aims to analyze the ways of interaction between content and form in the construction of an exhibition display and / or editorial. Through a theoretical and practical workshop will be explored the various ways of publication, fruition and perception of an artistic project in relation to an exhibition space.
Curated by Giovanni Botticelli
The objective of the Workshop is to investigate the quality and design possibilities offered by the material most used in the industrial and artisanal production of contemporary eyewear: cellulose acetate.
Curated by Naama Benziman
The workshop will acquaint the students with the dialogue between words and pictures as the essential feature of the picturebook – a unique form of art that deals with the juxtaposition of the verbal and visual narratives.
ROME WHITIN Translate identity, belonging and territory through the tools of graphics and communication.
Curated by Burro Studio: Federica Caserio, Giovanni Manzini and Roberto Rigoni
The aim of the workshop is to celebrate Rome and its most beautiful districts. In the wake of the “Milano Addosso” project, RUFA students with BURRO STUDIO will design a series of jacquard scarves. Each scarf will be designed in a graphic key, designed to enhance the sense of belonging to the most iconic neighborhoods of Rome.
Curated by Jonna Kina, Manuela Pacella, Nicolas Martino
The student will explore sound as the main topic of research and/or conceptual starting point; sound as a method, approach as a form for their artistic practice. Students will explore the concept of sound through photography and video, but also through other media such as performance, writing or sculpture.
THE THEME HERO Using the Enneagram to give life to deep and exciting characters
Curated by Miranda Pisione
To learn how to construct a character and his or her narrative arc in such a way that it is sharable and empathetic for the viewer, regardless of his or her role and the amiability or otherwise of his or her character. While the manuals of writing technique focus on the story and then deal with the characters, the course proposes a total reversal of the optics: that is, starting from the form of the character’s mind, from his point of view, from his specific way of perceiving himself, others and his external environment, to be able to identify the best triggering event, the best antagonist, the best adventure, the best path of growth or fall.
LIGHT AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF IMAGE
Curated by Maurizio Gennaro
The students will know the principles of the propagation of Light, its characteristics in terms of quality and quantity, direction of propagation, transmission in all media, selective reflection, construction of the image, the objectives and their types, optical schemes, construction characteristics, coverage, use and operational efficiency, relationship between focal and shooting formats, operational and qualitative tests.
THE SET DESIGN OF A FILM From the screenplay to the stage design project
Curated by Paola Riviello
The workshop aims to trace the cornerstones of the work of the set designer involved in a film work, starting from the work on the screenplay to outline the specific skills, the design stages, the methodologies necessary for the presentation of a scenic project for a feature film.
Because of their unquestionable didactic value, the workshops allow students to acquire educational credits. To participate, it is necessary to register by filling in the appropriate FORM.
Registrations will be available from Friday 4 October 2019 at 11.00 a.m. and will end on Wednesday 9 October at 5 pm.
– FUORIFORMATO The big Tothem: collective woodcut for San Lorenzo
– BIRTH OF A PRODUCT Tools for a design entrepreneur
– THE SET DESIGN IN THE WORLD OF VIDEOGAMES, 360 GRADE OF PROJECT Theoretical and practical tools for design and implementation.
– CROWFUNDING FOR ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE PRODUCTIONS Civic crowdfunding to support projects with a social impact.
– IMAGINARY MUSEUMS IN KM Ø The design of the visual apparatus of an “open museum and to use” in the district of San Lorenzo in Rome.
– INTERACTION: BETWEEN NATURE AND TECHNOLOGY
– ACTING: HOW TO TEACH THE ACTOR HOW TO INTERPRET AND RECITE THE SCRIPT
– PROFESSION PROMO CREATOR
– ROME: VISUAL PATH
– FULL IMMERSION STORYBOARD
– PROPERTIES AND NARRATIVE TECHNIQUES OF SOUND NARRATION IN THE AUDIO-FACIAL PRODUCT
– POLYCHROME XYLOGRAPHY
– JUST FOR PAPER LOVERS Workshop of design and self-production of paper aimed at the design, creation and setting up of its portfolio.
– QUESTION TO CHARACTER Creating an expressive typeface as a portrait of an event
– BOOKBINDING From project to object
– IMAGES THAT LIVE THE OTHER CITY
– DESIGN FOR RESCUE AND DISASTER
– DISTOPIC DESIGN Design a gaming application to suspend disbelief over change.
– WORKING WITH ERRORS How to learn to live with the unexpected and magnificent imperfections of the Risograph.
– WRITING THE GENRE, WRITING THE COMEDY
– PARAMETRIC DESIGN
– PHOTOJOURNALISTIC AGENCY CONTRAST